Saturday, April 14, 2012

Intro 1.0

This blog is a little ramshackle right now. I've been working on it for a couple days now, and for some reason I'm struggling. Every time I've attempted to edit my background, I have had the urge to retreat to the couch with a glass of wine and an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm". To my awesome web designer, Justin Self.. help.

Just to introduce myself briefly, if we haven't had the pleasure, I live in Denver, Colorado, but am originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am a good Midwestern girl and am true to my roots, meaning that I do know how to drive a tractor, and I don't feel guilty having a beer in the morning-times. For two years after graduating college, I was an international flight attendant for a charter airline, so three weeks out of the month I would wake up in Bulgaria, eat a brat in Germany, drink a beer in Poland, and hit the hay in Kyrgyzstan. These amazing opportunities have greatly affected my creative work and what I want for myself in my day-to-day life. I now live in Denver with my boyfriend, John Statz, who is an amazing folk musician and a much better and more patient person than I am. How he deals with my antics is honestly beyond me.

This is a lovely photo of John and myself during a recent BBQ on our patio. We love to BBQ. John apparently wore these glasses when he was 15. I have never known him to use corrective eyewear.

Some of you may already be familiar with myself and my work, in person, or via my Facebook personal page or my art page (facebook.com/heidikeyesart). I started this blog for two reasons. First of all, I'm not only an artist; I try to surround myself with interesting people who do really hilarious things. We eat, we drink, we hike and travel, and we take lots of cool pictures. Secondly, I'm working on making my great escape to a more creative life. I graduated with my degree in Fine Arts in 2009, and since then have been a slave to the working world and an artist on the side, even though I would always consider myself a painter first and foremost. I'm at the point where I am selling enough work and doing enough commissions that I need to be able to devote more time to my undying, crazy-for-it passion, and my ultimate goal is to be making art full-time by this Fall. This blog, and sharing it with you, forces me to own that decision.

Welp... here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment